Saturday, July 30, 2022

Swedish TV- channel 4?


 And during all this summer fun, where are we with the flat? Well, we have started knocking the walls down, but work has once more ground to a temporary halt. We are waiting for the Town Council to give us permission to put a container on the street in Via di Sambuco and a 'shoot'  from the top window to get rid of all the rubbish... 

So, at the moment, niente si fa...

However, a Swedish TV programme- channel 4- might be interested in making a little feature about it- it is one of those programmes that follows various people abroad in their building projects.. And I have actually already featured for  Swedish Channel 4 (show -off!) see blog post 20 March 2013: 

http://djennedjenno.blogspot.com/2013/03/

when I became a short lived celebrity in Mali because I was on the spot and could report on what was happening during the French intervention after the events of the 2012 coup and Jihadist invasion of northern Mali. The lovely Stefan  Borg, news anchor for channel 4 is here seen interviewing Baba in the bogolan studio in Djenne:


 And since my director/producer friend the Irish Peter was just here with a top notch camera on his mobile, he was able to film me in the Casato flat - top above- when I make my bid to be part of this TV series. Let's see what they say!

Meanwhile, have decided to try out a long standing but not yet created idea on the large interior northern wall of what in Tuscan speech is called the Tinello - the dining room. I want to put up posters and then tear them down - at least ten layers. so I create a sort of mosaic of interesting bits- better than the above.. but it was the best I could find...It might go quite well with the polished cement floor I have decided on for more or less the whole flat. The Swedish producer thought it was quite punk she said..? I wonder what Paolo will think of it...? 





3 comments:

  1. Always very creative! We can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Monique! So glad you managed to post something- I thought ther was some sort of problem- didn't you or Pascal try and it didn't work? Anyway! Great it works now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! it works...finally. Who knows why it does... and who knows why it didn't!

      Delete

Bats in the Belfry?

Or rather: Pigeons in Loft, as it turns out... A dreadful racket from above has been disturbing my afternoons recently. Fearful that it may ...