Thursday, June 29, 2023

Horses and Dolphins..

Let's try this in chronological order:

I did run off to be 'baptized' at the Dolphin Fountain of the Onda Church, St. Giuseppe, and here we have Massimo Spessot, the 'Priore' of ONDA, tyeing my coveted silk Onda scarf around my neck- the saying goes that the knot must never be undone...

Have been getting up at 4.30 to see the 'Provas di Notte' when some new horses and also jockeys have a chance of trying out the Piazza, and these trial races are keenly watched by the Contada Capitanos who are responsible of choosing the ones that finally take part in the Palio.

The Onda Ladies have been extremely nice to me- I couldn't have wishes for a better welcome... Here I am with a few of them, having lunch at the Trattoria Dinos, which is my closest restaurant, last Sunday.
This is the Palio, which seemed to be well received when it was unveiled at the Palazzo Pubblico on Monday. Not sure if I am am that keen...
Tomorrow I have my very first guests:  the German Florian and his girlfriend is arriving for one night only, and Gareth from California is arriving for three nights!
More soon...
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bats in the Belfry?

Or rather: Pigeons in Loft, as it turns out... A dreadful racket from above has been disturbing my afternoons recently. Fearful that it may ...