Thursday, August 8, 2024

The heat is on- still!


And in the middle of these hot summer days I have been lucky enough to reconnect with my equestrian self- again through my Swedish/Italian friend Gunnar whose daughter has a lovely mare called Valentina, stabled not far from Siena. She also has a younger horse that she uses for competition jumping, so Valentina is being neglected and I can ride her! 


Meanwhile, in more serious horse matters: Siena is beginning to limber up and preparations are underway for the August  Palio- the barriers around the Piazza and the VIP balcony at the starting point are put in place, and soon the 'tufo' arrives which covers the cobbles with a thick layer of earth; and then we are almost there!



 

4 comments:

  1. What a glorious shot of you and your Daemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anonymous- is this Giulietta|?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Davide. I forget I'm anon in this new system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, thanks Davide! Went to Verona and the arena for Aida just now- spectacular of course, although I was too far away...

    ReplyDelete

ONDEPENDENCE DAY

It has been a long time... I have been very busy, mainly in fun and frivolity. To win the Palio unleashes  several months of festivities, cu...